It’s taken me 29 years, but I’m finally coming around to sweet breakfast foods. Growing up, I never ate sweet things like doughnuts or danishes for breakfast, because it bothered my stomach to have the first thing I ate in the mornings be so sugary. Maybe my stomach has gotten stronger with age, though, because I find I can definitely tolerate (and enjoy!) a sweet breakfast every now and then at this point in my life. So when I saw these cinnamon cream cheese crescents on Pinterest on a Friday night, I checked my fridge to make sure I had all of the ingredients I needed, and I made them on Saturday morning.
My family devoured these, and I was left wishing I’d made a double batch. The buttery, flaky crescent roll in combination with tangy cream cheese and cinnamon-sugar was just absolutely perfect. I’m sure you have most of these ingredients on hand, but if you don’t, rush out and get them today so you can have these for breakfast tomorrow. Your family will thank you!
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Crescents
adapted from Lil Luna
1 package crescent rolls
1 8-ounce tub of spreadable cream cheese
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Roll out the crescent dough into triangles. Spread cream cheese evenly over each triangle of dough, right to the edges.
3. Brush each triangle with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
4. Beginning with the wide side, roll up each triangle and pinch the edges together to seal. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.